It’s one third of the way through the year. It’s my birthday (I’ve been spreading my fabulousness for 22 years as of today). And it’s time for my first goal check in of the year.
Back in January, I made a post setting out my goals and projects for the year. I’m going to go through them one at a time, and give you an idea of how it’s going.
- Write 750 words per day, minimum. – I started off fairly well with this one, managing most of January and February before my focus switched to planning. I’m still working on writing things for at least an hour a day, and counting that as progress.
- Complete the first drafts of the first two books in the ‘Spirited Prey’ series. (Urban fantasy.) – ‘Spirited Prey’ has undergone a complete overhaul as a series. It’s still going to be a three book series, and the basic storyline for each book is now plotted out. I should start to write it in May.
- Complete first drafts of two short stories in the ‘Cicada’ series. (Science Fiction.) – ‘Cicada’ has been put on the back burner for the time being, though I do plan to get back to it before the end of the year, probably October time.
- Write at least one blog post per week. – This has not quite been happening so far. Though with an overhaul of how we’re running Our Writing Lives, weekly updates should be a consistent thing from now on.
- Read for at least fifteen minutes each day. – Yes! I have loads of books, and I’ve made time each day so far to sit down with one of them. Mostly they’re writing books, though I’m enjoying some fiction too.
- Read and review at least one book per month. – I have a couple of book reviews that I’ve started, though I’ve not yet managed to post one this year.
- Retain my current job after the 6 month probationary period. – Still waiting on this one, I’ve got two months left. It’s looking hopeful, though, and I should know in the next couple of weeks.
- Continue learning how to crochet. – This is still a thing I’m working on. I’m fairly confident with basic stitches now. I got a book of patterns from my house mates for my birthday to make amigurumi animals, so I’m working with some more complex things through that, too.
- Complete 4 large crochet projects. This will most likely include two blankets and two jumpers. – This is edited to be four blankets, I think. Two for me and two for Christmas. I’ve finished the first, and started on two more. My rainbow blanket of fabulousness is all done!
- Make a successful trip to America to visit my very good friend, Elizabeth Sade. – This is the only one that’s entirely done. At the beginning of March I spent a fabulous two and a bit weeks with this lovely lady. I really didn’t want to leave, and I can’t wait to go back one day. I’ll probably make a post about all the awesome stuff I got up to over there at some point.
That’s it people. I leave you with this entirely relevant video while I go and eat cake.